About Us

Our Church

1919 a mission church was started by Pastor L. Nuechterlein of Trinity, St. Joseph, Michigan and William Essig of Trinity, Sawyer, Michigan holding services above a store in Glendora.

Church groundbreaking and Cornerstone laying services were held May 1, 1921.  Dedication services were held for a new church with a reed organ in the balcony that was later replaced with a pipe organ, full color murals of Jesus on each side of the raised pulpit, and a carved alter.  German and English services were offered.  The original building plan did not include a basement; however one was soon added.  The church was heated with a wood/coal furnace.  Kerosene lamps were used until the late 1930’s when electricity was installed.  An oil furnace was installed in 1951.

Groundbreaking for the new (current) church was held on March 25, 1973 and cornerstone laying was held on June 24, 1973.  On October 14, 1973, dedication services were held for our new (current) church on the corner of Cleveland Ave. and Glendora Road.  The 12,100 square foot building has a seating capacity in the sanctuary (main level and balcony) of 514 with overflow seating in the nave and narthax for 100 additional parishoners.  Other facilities in the church include twelve Sunday School rooms, pastor’s and church offices, kitchen, and social hall with a stage.  The bell was electrified and installed above the organ chamber.  In 1983, air conditioning was installed in the sanctuary and social hall.

Our Pastor

Rev. Jonathan Liebich was born in Toledo, Ohio, the oldest son of Dennis and Lois Liebich.  He has a younger brother, David.  Rev. Liebich spent most of his childhood in the St. Charles, Missouri area, where he attended Zion Lutheran School and Lutheran High, St. Charles.

During these formative years, Rev. Liebich’s father served as missionary at large, starting Messiah Lutheran Church in 1987.  Growing up in a mission church had a large impact on Rev. Liebich’s decision to go into the ministry.

Rev. Jonathan Liebich attended Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska, where he received his B.A. in Behavioral Sciences.  He met his wife, Rebecca, while at Seward and they were married in June 2002 before he began his studies at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis MO.

In August of 2004 Rev. Liebich accepted the assignment to serve as vicar for Christ Lutheran Church where he continued to learn and grow under Rev. Ralph Sackschewsky.  Upon completion of vicarage he returned to Concordia Seminary for one more year of training.

After graduating from Seminary, Rev. Liebich was ordained in June of 2006 at Messiah Lutheran in Weldon Springs, MO, where his father had previously served for 15 years as pastor.  He was installed as pastor of Christ Lutheran Church in Hebron, CT, in July.  Rev. Liebich served as pastor of Christ Lutheran for almost seven years during which he and Becky were blessed with the birth of two boys, Benjamin and Paul.  In 2013, Rev. Liebich accepted the call to Trinity Glendora where he was installed on July 28th.

Rev. Liebich’s interests include sports and board/card games.  He likes to go for bike rides, play tennis and golf, and has coached baseball and football.  He enjoys exploring God’s creation—hiking with his family to waterfalls, body surfing in the ocean, looking for lighthouses, etc.  He is grateful to God for the privilege of serving His church as a pastor, and is excited to be serving the Lord at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church of Glendora.